Notes about the photos above...
- 1... PSM-1 Mount and Large Springer on the back of a Land Rover
- 2... PSM-1 Mount and Valor 300 Rubber Aerial (which includes the spring) with a Quick Release Bayonet on the back of a Land Rover
- 3... PSM-1 Mount and Large Springer on the back of a Jeep Wrangler
- 4... Inside view of the back of a PSM-1 mount, showing the ring terminal cable connections, and plate - the panel has been scraped back to bare metal to make metal-to-metal connection with the plate. This customer has used Spray-on plastic seal to prevent oxidisation of the bare alluminium
- 5... PSM-1 Mount and Large Springer on the side of a Suzuki
- 6... PSM-1 Mount and Mini Springer on the side of a Range Rover. According to the customer this gives a reasonable SWR reading in this position, although i would've thought there was too much metal near the aerial, but he does assure me the SWR is just under 2.0
- 7... PSM-1 Mount and Valor 300 Rubber Aerial fitted on a roofrack
- 8... PSM-1 Mount and Valor 300 Rubber Aerial (which includes the spring) with a Quick Release Bayonet on the side of a Land Rover Discovery. (Our Angle Adaptor would allow the aerial to stand vertical)
The PSM-1 mount is a very popular choice for fitting on the back of a Land Rover - just below the roof line, on the back.
It's strong and well made as well as being attractive and neat, and keeps all the cable and connections on the inside, so there's no chance of them getting caught in branches etc, like gutter and mag mounts.
The mount holds on with two bolts, this is also where the cable connects on, with ring terminals - we fit these on the cable supplied in the package.
In our package deals, this mount comes supplied with a 5m lead, long enough to reach the back of a SWB 4x4 - if you want to fit this on the back of a 110 (for example) you will need our 2m Aerial Cable Extension.
- Size : 40mm Wide x 79mm High
- Maximum mounting surface thickness : 10mm
- Standoff from mounting surface to outer edge of mount : 50mm
- Standoff from mounting surface to centre of aerial mounting hole : 35mm
Note : To correctly set up an aerial on this mount, you will need an SWR meter. Info