Notes about the photos above...
- 1... Flat bar mount on a roofrack, shown with a Large Springer
- 2... A flat bar mount slightly modified by the customer - longer bolts, so it will fit on a swing away wheel carrier, also shown with a "snail" connection which we've found to let water in over time - ours are supplied with fullsize plug, which is much better
- 3... This customer didn't want to scrape away any of the powder coating on hs brand new roof rack, so used an Electronic Ground Planes to provide a perfect earth for the aerial without needing a metal-to-metal connection
- 4... A flat bar mount shown here with Mini Springer and a Quick Release Bayonet
- 5... A close-up (although not a very good one) of the flat bar mount - shown without cable
This mount is suitable for horizontal bars, upto 22mm in diameter and (in the case of our packages) is supplied with 5m of cable and plug.
A versatile mount, consisting of a flat bar with aerial stud on one end, and two-bolt clamp on the other, it is generally suitable for roofracks etc.
You just need to expose a small area of bare metal on whatever you're mounting it on where the clamp-on bit makes contact, although you don't have to go too mad with a file in order to get an earth connection.
Can be mounted in quite a few places due to its small size.
- Maximum mounting diameter : mm
- Minimum mounting diameter : mm
- Bar length : mm
Note : To correctly set up an aerial on this mount, you will need an SWR meter. Info