...Alternatives to the Springer Aerial... The most popular aerial by far is the "Springer" but it's not to everyone's taste, and not so suitable for mounting where its' flexibility could cause it to bang against the vehicle!
Some of these alternative aerials are the same price, some are a few £'s more. These are detailed below and you can click for more information.
Alternative aerials to the Springer are :
- Short Rubber aerial Our Valor 300 "Rubber Duck" aerial - only 17 inches long, made of flexible rubber - we are the sole UK distributors of this USA made aerial More Info
- Sirio Mythos 9000 A high performance aerial - works better than the springer but has a solid bottom instead of a sprung bottom - approx 140cm long More Info
- Dial A Match A subtle aerial with small solid bottom, three versions - 2, 3 or 4 feet long More Info
- Sirio Taifun Looks like a "bee-sting" car radio aerial, suitable for roof mounting where a subtle or covert appearance is needed More Info
- Thorobred Z27/AT-1 Thin, enclosed (solid, not spring) loading coil at bottom, tapered steel whip, flexible but not as flexible as the Springer More Info
- Flexi AT-12 A 3' centre-loaded aerial, very tough, not very flexible More Info